Saturday, October 11, 2008

Quirky

I haved been 'tagged' a few times already to write this quirky post. So I am finally giving in and writing it. I think almost all of my friends have already been tagged- so I will write it and tag any of my friends who haven't been tagged!

7 quirky things about me:

1. I don’t eat left overs. They gross me out. There is something completely unappealing about the rubbery texture of food on the second day after sitting in a refrigerator for 24 hours or more. Ugh!

2. I don’t like the feel of flour. I can barely touch it. It gives me the shivers every time I feel it. Sometimes sand gives me that same feeling.

3. I rarely finish the last bite when I eat. I usually get bored by the time I get to the last bite and it is never as good as the first bite anyway. I also like my food to be super hot...like 'burn my mouth' hot. It just tastes better that way. Once my food turns cold it is just to weird to eat.

4. I am terrified of crickets. Wierd. This has always been and will always be. Growing up in cricket infested Texas didn’t help. I remember walking around the house at night thinking that every little dark spot I saw on the floor was probably a cricket and half the time it was. Eew!

5. I love getting into a baking hot car after coming out of a cold air conditioned building. That feeling lasts for only a couple minutes and then the pleasure of the heated situation turns to sheer madness. And since I am so cold blooded, I also love the feel of hot paper after you pull it straight off the printer. If the paper is still hot from the printer, I take it and hold up to my face so the heat from the paper will warm me up.

6. I love the smell of books. I smell every book I buy. I especially love the smell of old books. I open the book and fan the pages and sniff:) Next time you buy a book you should definitely smell it. And while I am talking about scents....I also love the smell of rain. It’s fresh and reminds me of the thunderstorms back home.

7. I love the sound of the crackling wood in a campfire. I could sit next to a fire all day and be completely mesmerized.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I love the smell of old books too!. However when it rains, I always say it smells like a screen door. After much past contemplation, I think its because as a kid I would watch the rain through the screen door. I guess that's the only time I hung around it enough to know what a screen door smells like. But even if I stand on my porch when it rains, i still think I smell a screen door. That's my theory. Weird.

Rachel said...

Memories:

Crickets...r really... but we are able to act them out so well.

Crickets... remember our senior year of high school how HORRIBLE they were at every football game and everywhere we went. It was a total infestation!

Oregon Trip

Tubing St. Vrain