Sunday, July 27, 2008


We hiked Ten Falls Trail in Oregon and saw some amazing waterfalls. As seen in the picture, the most amazing thing was getting to hike behind several of the waterfalls. You could almost reach out and touch the falls. It felt like we were in Hawaii...the foliage was so lush and green and dense.
Now that I live in Colorado I miss the 'green'. Growing up in Texas, I never thought it was green until I moved here and now I miss all the trees. Most people don't think of Denver as a desert, but it most definitely is. Every tree in Denver is planted- trees don't grow naturally here. Although, the best part about Denver are the sunny blue skies and puffy white clouds. As cheesy as that sounds, I would miss it if I moved. As beautiful as Portland is, they don't get hardly any sun for 6 months out of the year. On the other hand, Denver is the second sunniest state behind Florida. Can't complain about that!

3 comments:

Anjolee said...

Hello Mrs. Tara Bell! I found you, you secret blogger you. I am so glad you are blogging. I will add your link to my page. Beautiful pictures! Keep posting!

Veronica said...

Oh boy! Did Andy have to wear the same baby back pack that he did on the 4th of July hike? If its the same one I hope it worked better this time. Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Your blog looks great. Well....blog on!

Rachel said...

Im glad that Anjolee found you and linked to your page... that means that I found you too. Blogging is mucho fun and Im sure you will learn to love it. I update here MUCH more often the myspace. Its more like a journal.

So welcome to the blog land!!

Oregon Trip

Tubing St. Vrain